To Fix Dell Error Code 0146, the typical occurred error in Dell laptop indicating your hard drive has sunk. The error is often caused by issues in your Dell laptop hard drive and Windows Registry. The error causes system to freeze, application to stop responding for longer period of time. It is highly recommended to immediately the fix the error so as to avoid entire system corruption. One can take the help of the Dell Technical Support if facing difficulty in resolving the issues on your own. Or as you go through steps in below mentioned blog, find the tech experts for assistance to navigate through.
Symptoms of the Dell Error code 0146:
- Issues with Windows programs and services
- Slow PC performance
- System freezes and crashes active program running on window
- Window run Sluggish and respond slowly to mouse and keyboard
Causes of the Dell Error Code 0146:
- Corrupt download and incomplete Installation of Windows
- Corruption in Windows registry from recent Windows related software change i.e. install or uninstall
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted windows system files or related program files
Follow the steps to fix Dell Error Code 0146 in the given sequence until your problem is completely fixed:
Step 1: Check HHD errors: Failing Hard disk is the first possibility, bad sectors and failure load disk data causing Dell Error 0146.
- Double click My Computer desktop shortcut.
- Right click your system drive. (Most probably, drive C:\)
- Select Properties.
- In the new dialog click Tools tab.
- Click the Check Disk button.
Step 2: Run the built-in diagnostics: Dell laptop and computer comes with built-in diagnostics program known as PSA Diagnostics.
- Restart your device Laptop or computer
- Press repeatedly F12 key when the Dell logo appears exception for some computers, 0 (Zero) key is assigned
- One Time Boot Menu appears
- Down Arrow of your keyboard need to be pressed to highlight “PSA Diagnostics” option
- Press ENTER
- The PSA shall begin
- Specify Error Code 0146 and follow the on screen instructions
Step 3: Reset the system Setup: another name to System setup is BIOS, Verify the BIOS settings in order to fix the error code
- Restart the system
- Press F2 key repeatedly
- Systems setup screen appear
- Press the right arrow key of your keyboard until Exit menu is highlighted
- Press Down arrow and select Load Optimized Defaults option
- Press enter
Step 4: Repair the Registry settings: the most important reason behind error code 0146 the registry corruption. Deal with bad entries detected in registry
- Download the RegInOut Registry Cleaner
- Start the full scan which takes 2-3 minutes
- Repair all detected errors
Setp 5: Restore your system: It helps in recovering the reversible damage such as system settings and PC configurations
- Click on start |all programs| accessories| System tools
- Select system restore
- Click on next below Welcome page
- Follow the Wizard your own
Receive Instant Dell Printer Customer Support by calling on +44-800-046-5288 (toll-free)
While executing the above mentioned steps to resolve the Dell error 0146 call Dell Support Number UK @+44-800-046-5288(toll-free) for immediate and instant problem solving issues. The well-qualified team of technicians is present to offer you the best solution and present 24*7 to give you online remote assistance. Dell Customer Support qualified, experienced, skilled team is available 24*7 day and night for aid.